I forgot my Username/Password
If you had forgotten your username or password, there is a link on the portal login page that will say “Forgot Username/Password Fill in the proper information, then create a new password and it will then inform you of your username.
The Application Portal will not allow me to log-in
Make sure that you have the correct login information.
If you have already submitted your application, you have been moved to our portal. Please reference our portal FAQ section on this page to learn how to login.
How do I log into Our Portal?
You will use the same login information that you used when registering on our portal.
If you do not know your login information, please refer to "How to access my our portal account" below.
How do I contact Our Portal Tech Support?
Please visit the Contact Page.
What is AquaBytes Technologies Portal?
It's a place for all clients, partners, staff and students and social members to perform different activities, register online, download books and softwares, see your solution progress, communicate with our online techical support, and Much More.
How do I access my Portal account?
Go to the Portal homepage and find the orange links. If you have never accessed your our portal account, select " New User," and fill out the requested personal information. Please pay careful attention to the password requirements; otherwise it will cause conflict with logging into your account.
Once completed, you will see a page that informs you that your password has been accepted and will list your username. Please remember this information. You will use it the remainder of the time you attend the portal.
I cannot log into my my portal account
At the Portal Login page, you will select "Forgot Username/Password." Fill out the requested personal information. Please pay careful attention to the password requirements, otherwise it will cause conflicts with logging into your account. Once completed, you will see a page that informs you that your password has been accepted and will list your username.
What are the requirements for the portal password?
Your password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one upper case alpha, one lower case alpha and one numeric character and cannot contain your first or last name.
I can log into my our portal, but not my
If your portal password has anything to do with your name, you will not be able to access your account. To change your password, go to the Student Portal Login page and select "Forgot Username/Password." Fill out the requested personal information. Please pay careful attention to the password requirements. Once completed, you will see a page that informs you that your password has been accepted and will list your username.
Why am I having trouble connecting my solution or computer to the internet?
- If you are having issues, it is most likely that you have not registered your device.
- If you are sure that you have registered your device and are still having issues, please contact us at techical support.
Internet - What is a MAC address and how do I find it?
A MAC address is a string of letters and numbers that uniquely identifies your device on the network. We use this to make sure that only in-house clients/partners and employees are using our resources.
- The MAC address of the Sytem can be found by going to Wi-Fi Connection Setup in the network menu.
- Select "Options," then "System Information." The MAC address is displayed on the top line.
- If you are playing a local wireless game with friends, you should not need to have your MAC address added to ResNet's list of gaming consoles.
- Power up the PlayStation 3 without any disc in the drive.
- Once the PlayStation 3 operating system has loaded, select "Settings."
- Once you are in "Settings" select "Network Settings."
- When the "Network Settings" list appears, select the first option which is titled "Settings and Connection Status List."
- The physical address will be listed under "MAC Address."
- Navigate to "System Settings"
- Then navigate to "System Information," which is where the MAC address is listed.
Xbox 360 (Old Dashboard):
- Go to the "System" area of the Xbox Dashboard;
- Select "Network Settings";
- Select "Edit Settings.";
- Select "Additional Settings";
- Select "Advanced Settings";
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called "Wired MAC Address," which is your MAC address.
Xbox 360 (New Dashboard):
- Go to "Settings";
- Select "System";
- Select "Network Settings";
- Select the AquaBytes network;
- Select "Configure Network";
- Select the "Additional Settings" tab;
- Select "Advanced Settings";
- MAC address is located under wireless information;
- Select "Done";
- From the Wii Channel menu, select "Wii Settings" (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select "Internet," then "Console Settings."
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
Windows Vista / Windows 7:
- Click on Start
- Click Control Panel
- Click on “View Network Status and Tasks” If this is not seen, click “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Click “Change adapter settings”
- Right click on the “Local Area Connection” and/or “Wireless Connection” and click Status
- Click Details
- The “Physical Address is the MAC Address, right this down without any dashes.
Mac OS X:
- Apple menu >> System Preferences >>Network
- MAC address for wired ethernet connections:
- Select Ethernet from the list on the left.
- Click the Advanced button.
- On the Ethernet tab, the Ethernet ID is your MAC address.
- MAC address for wireless connections:
- Select AirPort from the list on the left.
- Click the Advanced button.
- On the AirPort tab, the AirPort ID is your MAC address.
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on General
- Navigate to and tap on “About”
- Scroll down to “Wi-Fi Address”
- The characters next to Wi-Fi Address are your iPhone MAC address
- Click Home
- Click Settings
- Click About Phone
- Click Status – If not visible, Click Hardware Information
- The Wi-Fi MAC Address is on this list.
How do I register my device?
You can register your Xbox, PS3, Nook, or any other device that needs internet access right from your Student Portal. Just log in to our portal and then click “Register a Network Device.”
What is my email address?
Your email will be your username followed by
How do I access my email account?
Go to the AquaBytes portal homepage and click on the links Choose the option under the members column. The login information that you use for your our portal will be the information you will use to login .
brings up my personal Gmail
is hosted via Gmail. If you already have a Gmail account, then selecting " " will bring up your personal Gmail account. To access your you have two options:
- Log out of your personal Gmail account and log into your members account.
- Select "Add Account" within your profile and login using your username and our portal password.
I cannot access my email account
Make sure you are only using the username to login and not the full email address.
If your password has anything to do with your name, you will not be able to access your . Please refer to the our portal password change page.
If you are still having problems, please contact IT at ithelpdesk@AquaBytes.edu or (972) 825-4751.
How do I find a project manager or other members's email addresses?
When you are composing an email, as you type the name of the individual the "to" field should automatically resolve the name. All members emails are followed by
My Ethernet/Wireless connection is not working
Please submit a work order listing your dorm and room number.
Is there a safe place I can save documents other than on my computer?
Google Documents is a service provided through your account. When you log into your account, "Documents" is listed at the top left of the page. Google Documents provides 1GB storage limit. However, the files are only accessible when you have internet access.
Flash Drive/External Hard Drive is always a safe way to back up your files.
Where can I save my documents on public university networked computers?
Under "My Computer" different drives are listed. The U drive is your private storage drive that is backed up on our servers. Access to this drive is limited to university networked computers only. DO NOT save to "My documents" on the local C drive. Anyone who logs onto that public machine will have access to your work and it will likely be misplaced or permanently deleted.
How do I install my phone?
The phone in your dorm room is a Voice over IP phone (VOIP) which runs on our local campus network. Your phone should come with an Ethernet cable. Plug this cable into the back of the phone in the port that says "10/100 SW". Optionally, you may plug a computer/laptop into the port on the back of the phone that says "10/100 PC." Your phone will plug into one of the network jacks in your room. Only one of the jacks will make the phone work. If your phone is not already plugged in, try plugging it into the different jacks until you hear a small "pop" from the speaker on the phone, and the buttons on the bottom right of the phone will light up. It will take a few minutes for your phone to connect to the network and configure itself.
I cannot dial out on my phone
For an outside line, you must dial 8.
I cannot make long distance calls
Phones in the dorms and the Regents Apartments cannot make long distance calls - only local calls within Waxahachie, and on campus calls.
You may dial 1-800 numbers and use calling cards.
How do I check my voicemail?
To access voicemail, press the "messages" button, which has an envelope icon. The default voicemail password is 12345. You will be prompted to setup your voicemail box and change this password the first time you log into your voicemail. Your new password cannot contain any repetitive or sequential numbers (i.e. 3333 or 1234).
If you wish to access your voicemail from off campus, you may call 972-923-5432. When the system picks up, press *. Then enter your 4 digit extension, followed by pound. Then enter your voicemail password, followed by pound.
How do I change my voicemail password?
If you have forgotten your password or been locked out, please submit a work order to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone extension. The closed work order with your default password will be sent to your email address.
How do I change my voicemail message?
To change your voicemail message, simply log into voicemail and press, 4,1,1.
What are the directories?
If you press the "Directories" button, there are 5 options:
- Missed Calls: This is a log of your missed calls.
- Received Calls: This is a log of your received calls.
- Placed Calls: This is a log of your placed calls.
- Personal Directory: This option is not used.
- Corporate Directory: You may search this directory of on campus extensions by first name, last name, or reverse search by extension.